Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My new classroom!


I am still in a bit of shock.

After a grand total of zero subbing days, I was interviewed and hired for a classroom teaching job!

I am the "extension" teacher for language arts in a small high school amidst the part of town Jesus would be hanging out in. I get a small amount of students with the largest needs to complete successfully.

So far I am loving it. My experience with the Communications course in BC has been super helpful. I have tea and apples in the room. Still need more decor.

My students are awesome. They even study once in a while. Seriously every time they show up and get something done I have the strong sense they would never have done it in a regular class so that makes me feel proud to be a part of givng them the chance they need to succeed.

And communiting is significantly more fun on a motorcycle! !

No comments:

Post a Comment