Thursday, March 5, 2015

Gratitude

I am doing something different for lent this year.  I figured that with a new baby I needed something simple and easy. I also needed something easy to remember. I don't have much room in my brain these days.
I got this idea from my moms group so don't think that I am creative or anything.
All you have to do is get a recipe box and some index cards. Now every day you take one card, write the month and day in one corner and on the top line write one word or phrase that you are thankful for.  That is it. Put the card at the back of the box and repeat tomorrow.
You can make your box pretty or add nice dividers for the months. But it is really that simple. And it can keep going for years. 
I love it. Now every day I force myself to be thankful and it has sort of infected my whole day. I keep seeing more and more good things in my life. It is hard to be grumpy when all you see around you is blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment