Tuesday, March 17, 2015

We are all a little bit Irish

I love St Patrick's day. We all need a little fun half way through lent. While maybe you have more fortitude then I do, but I sure like an excuse to let loose a bit.


But St. Patty's day has more for us then Guinness stew and green beer. With St. Valentine and St. Nick, he is one of the last widely recognized saints. And I think that saints still matter. I believe that when our loved ones die they are not gone, separated form us forever. Nor do I believe that their spirit comes back in another form. I believe that they live on, closer to us then they ever could be while on earth. That is what the saints are. 

I like knowing that I have a whole bunch of people who care about me and are there to back me up even if I can't see them. Just like my grandparents had a lot to teach me in how they lived, so does St Patrick. Here is a little of his wisdom.

As I arise today,
may the strength of God pilot me,
the power of God uphold me,
the wisdom of God guide me.

So while you savour your Kilkenny today say a little hello to St. Pat, and ask him to look out for you, because today we are all a little bit Irish.

No comments:

Post a Comment