Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Gearing up for Winter

Getting winter kids cloths for a west coast mama is an intimidating venture. I do understand the basics, like what a toque is and that they will all need mitts. But other things are way beyond me. How cold is it really?  How much should a kids winter coat cost? I send out a plea of help to some of my new friends here. Their advice was a great help.

I also needed to find the winter stuff that we brought with us and go through it. What fit, what is useless here but made sense on the west coast. In this project the children were very helpful. They had a blast trying on all the hats, mitts and coats! 

I also discovered some important things. Like no one had a winter coat that fit but we have lots of hats! That gum boots are not winter boots. And a $200 down coat for a 2 year old is a bit of over kill! So with what we had in the moving boxes, the advice of some lovely local mamas and a trip to Sears I think we will survive the winter with no frost bite.

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear your all geared up. Awesome pictures! Keith.

    ReplyDelete